IQOS 3 DUO FAQs
What is the optimal IQOS 3 DUO device functioning temperature?
IQOS 3 DUO is designed to work in a wide range of temperatures, but HEETS tobacco stick tastes best when the device is used between 0°C and 50°C.
Can I use IQOS AC power adaptor & USB cable from the previous device version to charge the IQOS 3 DUO device?
You can use the IQOS AC Power Adaptor from the previous device versions. However, IQOS 3 DUO USB cable hosts a USB-C port, which is different from that of IQOS™ 2.4+.
How can I check the charge level of the battery?
To check the charge level of the IQOS 3 Duo Pocket Charger, press & release the Pocket Charger Button.
The Pocket Charger Status light will turn ON for 3 sec to indicate battery status:
4 LEDs = more than 75% charged
1 LED = low charge. Need to charge
What is a New ProtectPlus™ System?
IQOS ProtectPlus™ introduces a number of improved features related to design and technology to redefine the concept of protection and reliability of IQOS 3™:
• robust outer shell improves shock resistance of the device
• new side door opening tested to guarantee reliable device performance
• new technology provides longer battery life
• electronic chamber* of your IQOS 3™ Holder has been redesigned for improved device reliability
* Electronic chamber refers to the area of the IQOS™ Holder, where the electronic elements are located.
How can I upgrade the firmware of my IQOS 3 Pocket Charger to use it with IQOS 3 DUO Holder?
If you already have an IQOS 3 device and would like to use your IQOS 3 DUO Holder with the IQOS 3 Pocket Charger, you might need to upgrade your firmware.
To understand whether your current IQOS 3 requires an upgrade, do the following:
1. Fully charge your IQOS 3 DUO Holder and insert it in the IQOS 3 Pocket Charger
2. Press the Pocket Charger button to check the Holder status light:
a. If the light blinks once – need upgrade
b. If the light blinks twice – no need for upgrade
You can upgrade the firmware of your device in the IQOS Store. It is free of charge.
After the upgrade you will be able to charge and use your IQOS 3 DUO Holder with the IQOS 3 Pocket Charger.
What do device vibrations mean?
IQOS 3 DUO Holder vibrations are activated in the following situations:
- At the start of the heating (once you press the Holder Button to start) - one vibration
- When the device is ready to be used – two vibrations
- When the experience is nearly complete (30 seconds prior the end) - two vibrations
- When the experience is nearly complete (30 seconds prior the end of the tobacco session) - two vibrations
How does IQOS 3 DUO adapt to my rhythm of consumption?
IQOS 3 DUO enables to have two consecutive uses without Holder recharge. They will be indicated by the two white LED lights on your Holder and Pocket Charger.
Once you have finished the first use, there will be only one light left, i.e. 2 LEDs on – 2 uses ready, 1 LED – 1 use.
If you need the second use right away, your Holder is instantly ready for it.
If you do not need the second use right away, simply put the Holder back in the Pocket Charger for a quick recharge to have 2 uses back again.
In most cases, you can charge Holder back to at least one experience faster than Holder
How to check the Holder status for available uses?
You can check the Holder status (how many uses are available without recharge) in two ways – either on the Holder itself or on the Pocket Charger:
To check the status on the Holder:
- Press & release the Button of the Holder:
o 2 lights – ready for two uses
o 1 light – ready for one use
o No light – Holder not charged
To check the Holder status on the Pocket Charger:
- Press & release the Pocket Charger Button
- 2 lights – ready for two uses
- 1 light – ready for one use
On IQOS 3 DUO P. Charger On IQOS 3 P. Charger*
* For those customers who use a mixed version of IQOS 3 DUO Holder in the IQOS 3 Pocket Charger. In some cases it may be required to upgrade the firmware of IQOS 3 Pocket Charger to know when the Holder is ready for 1 use.
How can I reset my IQOS 3 DUO device?
You can easily reset your IQOS 3 DUO device by pressing and holding the Pocket Charger Button for 10 seconds (until lights fade out), then releasing.
All Status Lights will turn OFF, blink three times, and progressively fade in, to confirm the RESET.
Can I charge IQOS 2.4/2.4+ Holder with the IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger and vice versa?
No, the new IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger is only compatible with IQOS 3.
If you insert the IQOS™ 2.4+ Holder into the IQOS 3DUO Pocket Charger, the Holder will not fit because of different size.
If you accidentally insert the IQOS 3 DUO Holder in the IQOS™ 2.4+ Pocket Charger, the Pocket Charger lights will start blinking, however, the Holder won’t charge.
Should I always fully charge my Pocket Charger battery?
IQOS 3 DUO device does not require a full charge to work, however we recommend to fully charge the device before the first usage.
If the IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger is fully charged, you may use the Holder up to 20 times.
The Holder charging time is effective only if the IQOS 3 DUO Holder is fully charged the first time or after being fully depleted.
How long does it take to fully charge the device?
It takes approximately 120 minutes to fully charge the IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger from an electrical outlet. Only charge IQOS 3 DUO device using IQOS AC Power Adaptor and USB cable.
How is IQOS 3 DUO different from the previous devices?
The new IQOS 3 DUO has our fastest and most powerful Holder within IQOS family.
Inspired by our customers, it has been designed around your needs to enjoy the IQOS moment your way:
- It enables to enjoy two consecutive uses without Holder recharging
- Faster Holder charging allows you to focus on your enjoyment and not worry about recharge:
• At least 2min 20sec faster than charging the Holder of IQOS 2.4 Plus*
• At least 1min 40sec faster than charging the Holder of IQOS 3*
- It hosts our IQOS ProtectPlus™ System for better protection and reliability and NFC chip for easy registration and access to IQOS website
*provided IQOS 3 DUO Holder is fully charged the first time or when fully depleted; and applicable for charging IQOS 3 DUO Holder from 0 to 1 use. It may depend on conditions of use, on battery lifecycle, weather conditions and device usage.
This site contains information on a product containing tobacco and is reserved for smokers over 18 years old residing in Poland. All forms of tobacco are harmful and addictive. The administrator (controller) of your personal data is Philip Morris Polska Distribution Sp. z o.o., based in Kraków (31-982), al. Jana Pawła II 196 [PMPL-D]. Your data may be processed in order to: 1) conclude and execute a sales contract through the website, 2) conclude and implement a contract for the provision of services provided electronically in accordance with the terms of the website, 3) contact from PMPL-D, and/or 4) marketing of own PMPL-D products and services. The legal basis for processing is art. 6 paragraph 1 letter b) or f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your data may be shared for these purposes by entities belonging to the Philip Morris International Inc. group of companies, including in particular Philip Morris International Management SA, based in Switzerland, av. de Rhodanie 50, 1007 Lausanne (full list of entities is available at www.pmi.com) and our subcontractors. Data processed in order to perform the contract will be processed for the duration of the contract and for the period of limitation of claims arising therefrom, including claims of public (tax) authorities. You have the following rights: a) access to data and receipt of copies, b) correction of data, c) deletion of data, d) limitation of data processing, e) objecting to processing, f) data transfer, g) lodging a complaint with the supervisory authority. Your data will not be processed in an automated manner and will not be profiled. Further information regarding data processing by PMPL-D can be found in the Privacy Notice at the bottom of the page.